Wednesday 22 April 2020

Team Mates!

Team Mates!
I received a message from Sean Eardley recently and, unsurprisingly, he sounded pretty chipper. His message, more or less, was “let’s start a new series of questions and answers and start some banter between the lads. We’ll call it ‘Team Mates’ and I’ll kick it off!”
Well, who am I to knock Eards back? It’s such a good idea anyway, and will hopefully entertain, and maybe even embarrass a few people, so what could possibly go wrong?
Before we start this special series of questions and answers, I think it would be best to lay out the rules. A Caernarfon Town player or member of the coaching staff will be given twelve questions concerning their team-mates and, if he has answered each one, he will be allowed to nominate the next person to take part, who will then answer and nominate and so on.
The real Danny Brookwell
And one thing I want to make clear to the players and coaches is that this is all about Caernarfon Town and so answers must include only team-mates at the Oval.
So, even if you’ve played with the imposter at Barcelona (Lionel Messi), the Danny Brookwell lookalike at Juventus (Ronaldo) or the poor man’s Gaz Edwards (Harry Maguire) then we don’t want to know, just stick to those you’ve played alongside at Caernarfon.
Oh, I think it’s also worth mentioning that each player and coach should think carefully before sending me your answers because, once they’re published on here, there’s no turning back! Neither myself, nor Eards, will take responsibility for your words and any lawsuits that occur as a result of your answers will be your own responsibility.   
Daz is good value
One more thing…..if you enjoy this series it would be nice if you could like and share it on social media but if you don’t, please remember that this is solely Eards’ idea, and I’m just the messenger…..        

Which three team-mates would you invite round for dinner, and why? Also, what would you cook up?
Gaz Edwards – to add an element of intelligence to the table.
Jamie Crowther – later on during the meal it would provide entertainment when he goes after Gaz.
Darren Thomas – I’ll make sure I’m stocked with Guinness as he’s good value.

I’d cook us Spaghetti Bolognese or Lasagne, safe but I’m learning!

Ideal person to be stuck on a Desert Island with and why?
Mike Pearson.
I think through his work, he’s done all this Outdoor Ed stuff and claims to have an army ID card so he’d be a good bet. He looks better with army paint on his grill to be fair, massive improvement.

Worst Trainer?
I’m strictly on the fence with this one. We train well week in, week out, although some dummies are spat out sometimes and attendance can be an issue with one or two. I’ll let the lads decide!

Worst Barber?
I love it when Sgorio are in town, as there’s always some fresh barnets floating about the place. Brads will probably get a few votes here, his Mum uses two sharp pieces of slate I think! Some are growing worryingly thin, PC Melv (Gaz Evans) and Mike Pearson for starters.

Worst Banter?
Eards signing Peo....
Hmmm…….Crowths mustard coloured jumper, Breesy’s gym having the leg weights machine Out of Order continuously, Sam Jones’ turkey Gucci slides that are clearly a size 12, and probably me signing Mike Pearson too!

Hardman?
I woudn’t want a headlock off Breesy! I would say Gruff but he was out for two weeks with a scratch on his head and I’m sure Crowths will throw himself in here with his artificial jaw.

Joker?
There’s a few that make me chuckle, Joe Wills is relentless, and you have to be on your toes, although I’m not his primary target, am I Fish??
Watching Gaz Gary Edwards around Rambo and Crowths is a joke and Daz comes out of nowhere with one liners that crack everyone up. Oh, and looking at Brads and asking yourself ‘how do you cope daily’ will bring a smile to your face.

A photo taken before midnight
Good on a night out?
Fish – good for getting a round in.
Rambo – loves a denim jacket and smells of moisturiser.
Noah – he’s from Meliden, and if you’re bought up in the Miners you’re on a winner

Worst on a night out?
I’m bad for falling asleep after a heavy one, Gary Edwards couldn’t go past midnight at our end of season in Dublin so you have to make the most of him and I’ll go Mike as well, he always ends up on crutches!

Biggest Moaner?
Evo not having a moan.
For as long as I’ve known him, Evo loves a moan.
The wrong sweets, meetings going on too long, pre match meal (that he’s bought himself) being the wrong one.

Who would you not want on your 4x100m relay team?
Me and Fish on the bends, Crowths and Gaz Eds on the straights, although that’s a good-looking relay team to be fair!

Funny Moment
End of season’s always throw things in the mix! Probably taking over a fifty two seater coach with Daz in the driver’s seat at the races, Brads turning up with a hazardous coloured bag which his Mum packed for him, I got the sheep one time for the shower going off during a half time team talk too, there’s so many! I’ll finish with Fish in the Cardiff Weatherspoons after the duty Manager got our food order wrong!!

Next up I vote Richard Fishcakes Davies!


No comments:

Post a Comment