Friday 22 May 2020

From Chester with Love - Team Mates


What is there to say about Gareth Edwards that has not already been said a hundred times? He's been with Caernarfon Town for six years and, in all fairness, has defied age more than anyone else I now. Eards told me recently that Gaz is forty six years old and, in my opinion, he's been getting better each season for the Cofis.
The Big Man has featured regularly in this Team Mates series, mostly as a bit of a rascal who is not averse to a bit of shithousery but also for being a good guy and a bit of a rock in the squad. 
He is also seen as a bit of a James Bond character around the Oval. Tall, good-looking and possessing a million dollar smile, Gaz would fit into the role of 007 effortlessly. 
From Chester with Love, GoldenGaz, The Man with the Golden Smile and Licence to Thrill, all Bond films that would have benefitted from having the Big Man starring in them. However, it is to our benefit that Gaz decided to stick to football and, in all seriousness, he has been one of the best 'imports' we have had at the Oval in forty years. 
Over to you Gaz....   

Which three team mates would you invite for dinner and what would you cook for them? 


Alex Ramsey – a lovely, polite young man. I like to hear what he’s got up to in the week which usually contains some form of mischief.
Jay Crowther - another one of my car squad. If he’s with me he’s not out in town getting himself in bother, so it’s for his own safety.
Joe Wills and Gaz Evo - two of my good mates who are joined at the hip. Joey and I have been good pals for a few years now so I need him there for moral support and Evo in case it gets out of hand with the neighbours, he can flash his warrant card.

I would cook the guys a Thai Green Curry. 

Brads
Ideal person to be stuck on a desert island - Sion Bradley. He would provide me with hours of entertainment. Not the sharpest tool in the box but second to none for laughs. Never stops smiling, top lad.

Worst trainer - Would have been my old mate Kev Roberts before this season, the rat couldn’t string two passes together. But it goes to Alex Ramsey for attendance to one training session in three years.

Worst Barber - there are a few shouts for this. Eards needs to give up on that sweep over (Bobby Charlton). However, Bradders takes the title on this, he’s hanging on for dear life. He needs to give up and give that ginger wig a trim.

Biggest Joker - Joe Wills without doubt is relentless. Always looking to stitch one of the lads and he bullies Fish every week. He is ruthless.


Loves a night out
Good on a night out – there are some good looking lads in our team, I top the lot but a close second you’ve got young Ryan Wills who not only has a cheeky smile but loves a little two step and you will always find Crowther or Breesy being menaces in and around. The gaffer fancies himself step on the dance floor. Rambo was born for a night out and you will always of places. a bit on a night out and Fish is usually kicking off and getting us thrown out.

Worst on a night - Daz Bach, threatens to come on an end of season but drops the shoulder the night before and goes AWOL!!

Hardman - This would have to be Jamie Crowther. He loves taking videos of himself boxing so who am I to argue? 

Biggest moaner - this is a close one. Super Danny Brookwell like a little moan from time to time but nobody comes close to Joe or Rambo. If I had to pick one it would probably be Rambo. Loves moaning from his line but won’t step off it!

Ry Wills
Who would you not like in your 4x4 relay team - I’ve had some bad press in this section from my fellow team mates but none of them will challenge me to a race.
Crowths turns like the QE2, Mr Caernarfon Nathan Craig is not known for his pace but has the best left foot in the league and my other Centre Half partner, Ry Wills, sometimes runs in quicksand. And Gruff John too, he takes a while to get into his side. I’d beat them all. 

Funniest moment - scoring the winner and beating Bangor!


I’ll nominate the vice skipper, Jamie Crowther, to be next up…..

No comments:

Post a Comment