Tuesday 5 May 2020

Team Mates: Cofi Messi!


I have wanted to carry out an interview with Darren Thomas for a number of years but the Cofi Messi has always been one step ahead and ignored all my attempts. 
I did manage a message for the Cofi Army from him at Christmas and, of course, Nicky John did a feature on him for Sgorio where Darren got interviewed on video. 
I won't pretend that it didn't hurt to see that interview after the hundreds of times he's eluded my attempts but here, at last, I've managed it, albeit as part of a series featuring all the players. 
I've said since the beginning of this series that there will be no sitting on the fence with answers but I've let Darren get away with one simply because he's a legitimate club legend! 
One more thing. I am beginning to think that we may have to replace the Biggest Moaner and Worst Trainer questions with something else becaue Joe Williams and Alex Ramsay are obviously running away with the titles respectively. 

Which three team mates would you invite around for dinner and why? Also, what would you cook them?  

Guests: 

I’d have to stick with the car squad.

Ryan Willian would have to be there, he’s one of the best guys I’ve played football with. He would guarantee that we’d get plenty of laughs and I know he’s be up for singing at the end of the night, Craig David’s ‘Fill Me In’!

Gruff John, Gruff has just joined the car squad this season and he’s another one who wouldn’t mind joining Ryan for a sons at the end of the evening., although I’d need to sort out his playlist first! 

Danny Brookwell. An adopted Cofi, we’ve had lots of fun on the way home from matches in the South and it would be nice to just have a sit down and talk without having to worry about driving.

Meal:

Messi and the Professor
Steak a Chips would be on the menu.

Ideal person to be stuck on a desert island with and why? 

The Professor, Gaz Edwards. If I was stuck he’d always be on the ball. He is always the one who arranges our team nights out and teams fines etc. I would feel safe with him as he’d always find ways of sorting everything out. Also, my English would improve if I only had Gaz to talk to!

Worst Trainer:

Worst trainer has to be Ramsey and Breesy. To be fair they have a long way to travel to train but. Really, there’s no excuse!

Worst Barber:

I have to admit I’m one of the worst, as I just leave it and don’t use any gel. But then you’ve got Sion Bradley, who cries about his hair because he knows he won’t have any when he’s thirty, so Brads can have this one! 
Worst Banter:

I’m not sure who’s got the worst banter really, so I’m sitting on the fence with this one!

Hardman:

Ramsay likes to think he’s a hardman, especially when he’s shouting things from the other end of the pitch but if I really needed someone on my side it would be Noah, who isn’t shy of a tackle!
The Joker
Joker:

The biggest joker is the gaffer, he always make us laugh and is always up for banter, He could walk in to any room and get the banter going, that’s just the type of person he is, and the reason why the Cofis love him, He needs to know when to stop though!

Good on a Night Out?
I’ve had many good nights out with the lads to be fair. I can’t just pick one but Ramsey likes a night out and a laugh to be around, also Fish likes to throw some moves about.

Worst on a Night Out?

The main man, Ryan Williams, is the sensible one so it’s always best to stick with him!

Biggest Moaner?

The biggest moaner has got to be Joe Williams, he’s always on to Fish about something, Joe doesn’t like it because fish has got the coaching badges and he hasn’t,  Ramsay too, he likes to moan and doesn’t stop on match day!

Who would you not want in your 4x100m relay team? 

First on my list would be Gaz Edwards, who is thirty six years old now and I could not take the risk.

Crowther could join him, he likes to run from side to side!

I would leave out Peo because I don’t think he’s actually run 100m this season.

Finally, Ryan Williams but only because when the ball went over his head once in a match with Cefn Druids, he was nowhere to been seen.

Funniest Moment? 

My funny moment was when we were at Thirsk racing after we won the league. All of us singing in the stand, everyone looking at us and we didn’t stop singing until we went off the train back in Manchester! An unbelievable weekend.

Next up is Danny Brookwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment